An Agent that doesn’t know their way around a sniper rifle doesn’t belong in the ICA. Pre-order HITMAN™ 2 and compete with Agents across the world. The Agent with the highest score on the solo mode will win a contract of a lifetime.
*Sniper Assassin Competition only available in solo mode
WARNER BROS . HOME ENTERTAINMENT INC.
HITMAN 2 Video Game Competition
To participate in the Challenge (also referred to as the “Contest” or “Promotion”), you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU MUST PRE-ORDER THE HITMAN 2 VIDEO GAME AND SIGN-UP TO AN IOI ACCOUNT PRIOR TO 7:00 AM UNIVERSAL TIME COORDINATED (UTC) ON NOVEMBER 6, 2018 TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. RECOMMENDED RETAIL PRICE OF THE HITMAN 2 VIDEO GAME IS BETWEEN $59.99-$149.99.
PROMOTION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), MEXICO, THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, FRANCE, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, DENMARK, AUSTRIA, NETHERLANDS (EXCLUDING THE DUTCH CARIBBEAN), BELGIUM, AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND Who ARE AT LEAST eighteen (18) years of age OR LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE (WHICHEVER IS OLDER) AT TIME OF INITIAL ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS, VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS, AND EITHER SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK, STEAM, OR XBOX ONE EQUIPMENT AND ACCOUNT REQUIRED PRIOR TO JULY 24, 2018.
VALVE CORPORATION, SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA, SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT EUROPE AND MICROSOFT CORPORATION, ARE NOT SPONSORS OF OR OTHERWISE INVOLVED IN OFFERING THIS CONTEST; THEIR TRADEMARKS ARE USED HEREIN SOLELY FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES.
1. Sponsor : Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522 USA (“Sponsor”).
2. Administrator : LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001 USA (“Administrator”).
3. Prize Provider : IO Interactive A/S, Gammel Moent 2-4, 1117 Copenhagen, Denmark Inc. (“ Prize Provider”).
4. Eligibility : The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States of America, Canada (excluding Quebec), Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Netherlands (excluding the Dutch Caribbean), Belgium, Australia and New Zealand who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (whichever is older) at time of initial entry and who (i) prior to July 24, 2018 have Internet access, a valid e-mail address, and either Sony Entertainment Network, STEAM or Xbox One equipment and account, (ii) prior to 7:00am Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) on November 6, 2018 have pre-ordered the HITMAN 2 video game; and (iii) register for an IOI Account, prior to 7:00am universal time coordinated (UTC) on November 6, 2018. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, IO Interactive A/S, Sony Interactive Entertainment America, LLC, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, LLC, Microsoft Corporation, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prize, persons involved in the creation, development or production of HITMAN 2 video game and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate or win the prize. " Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal residency and age upon request prior to prize award.
5. How to Play : The Contest begins on July 24, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC and ends on November 6, 2018 at 7:00 AM UTC (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Contest. Navigate the internet to https://www.ioi.dk/ioi-account/ and register for an IOI account by following the instructions on the registration page and completing the registration form. To enter, pre-order the HITMAN 2 video game and download for free ”HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” from your online gaming provider (i.e., either STEAM, Sony Interactive Entertainment America, LLC, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, LLC or Microsoft Corporation). Once downloaded, visit and play “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” — a skill-based game where the player must find and “kill” as many targets as possible during a fifteen (15) minute session, with some of the targets being hidden. To participate in the Contest and earn points you MUST play “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” in SOLO mode. Points are awarded for “killing” targets as well as for concealing the “killings” of targets. Your point total will be posted to the LEADERBOARD (as described below). You may play “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” (compete in the Challenge) as often as you like during the Contest Period. In participating in the Contest, you must at all times comply with the terms and conditions of use/community guidelines of your online gaming provider as well as the instructions on how to play “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin,” both of which are made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference. In the event of dispute, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control in all respects with the sole exception of the instructions on how to play “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” which will instead prevail, govern and control solely with respect to playing and scoring points in “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin.”
6. Leaderboard : The LEADERBOARD posted on each online gaming platform (i.e. STEAM, PSN and Xbox Live) is intended to reflect the point totals of highest ranked players/entrants as well as a player's/entrant's individual point total and highest ranking achieved during the Contest Period. Every reasonable effort will be made by Sponsor/Administrator to maintain and accurately reflect the point totals that entrants have earned as well as their rankings as compared to other entrants. However, Sponsor and its agencies (including Administrator) shall not be responsible for technical errors of any kind which may cause inaccurate or incomplete information to be reflected on LEADERBOARD at any given time. Sponsor/Administrator may update the LEADERBOARD at time(s) of its sole choosing and Sponsor/Administrator may correct erroneous listings on LEADERBOARD at any time in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. Notwithstanding listings on LEADERBOARD, a person is not a potential prize winner unless and until he/she is notified personally by Sponsor or its agency to such effect (see Rule 8 below). Entrants should maintain their own records of their participation in the Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, other LEADERBOARDS not published/disseminated by Sponsor (e.g., any leaderboard available via an online gaming platform) are not in any way sanctioned by or binding upon Sponsor and will NOT be recognized as proof of an entrant's performance in the Contest.
7. Winners Determination : On November 7, 2018, Administrator and at least one (1) independent member (whose name will be made available upon request) will verify the accuracy of all eligible entrants' point totals during the Contest Period and check for compliance with these Official Rules. At the end of the Contest Period, the entrant with the highest point total for each online gaming platform (i.e. PC, PSN and Xbox Live) will be deemed the potential winner of the respective Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the first entrant to reach the highest point total from among all tied entrants. Potential Grand Prize winners will be confirmed between November 18 -20, 2018 by Administrator whose decisions (along with those of Sponsor) are final and binding on all matters related to the Contest. The verification and confirmation of the Grand Prize winners will take place at Administrator’s offices in New York, NY USA.
8. Winners Notification & Verification: Potential Grand Prize winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone using the contact information used by entrant to register his/her IOI account, as stipulated in the Contest entry requirements. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail and/or phone call within ten (10) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. (Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor and Administrator expressly disclaim any and all liability if potential winner’s IOI account information is out-of-date, incomplete or otherwise inaccurate.) Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification a written affirmation of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release, as well as any other documents Sponsor may require (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Administrator within the specified time period (should the signing of such documents be required), the potential Grand Prize winner may be disqualified. If the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, potential Grand Prize winner’s prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and will be awarded to the participant with the next highest point total for the respective online gaming platform, as per Rule 7.
Grand Prize (three (3) winners, one (1) per online gaming platform): Each Grand Prize winner will receive a digital rendering of winner (via electronic file) that will be included in future post launch HITMAN content. Grand Prize has no retail value.
10. Prize Restrictions: Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind that the digital rendering of winner will appear in HITMAN 2 video game and its failure to do so for any reason will not result in any liability to Sponsor under any legal theory.
Prize Provider shall own any and all rights to the digital rendering of winner (including any draft versions of same). Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor and Prize Provider shall determine whether (or not) the digital rendering of winner will appear in HITMAN 2 video game; as well as the subject matter and context of such use of the digital rendering of winner in the video game. Should Sponsor or Prize Provider decide to proceed in using the digital rendering of winner in the HITMAN 2 video game, Sponsor and Prize Provider shall control any and all aspects of the production, distribution, marketing, advertising and sale of the video game, the number of units of the video game to be created, as well as the territory and duration of such sales of the video game. (Without limiting the foregoing, sale of the video game in winner’s country of residence is not guaranteed.) Relative to Sponsor’s and Prize Provider’s use (if any) of the digital rendering of winner, winner further (a) waives any “Moral Right of Authors” (Droit Moral) or natural rights of any kind that he/she may have in same, including explicitly his/her ‘portretrecht’ as meant in the Dutch Copyright Act (Auteurswet) and, for Australian residents only, any moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), to the extent permitted by applicable laws; (b) agrees, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to sign any and all necessary and appropriate documents so as to effect, perfect or record the preceding grant of ownership rights in the digital rendering of winner (including as used in the video game, if and as applicable); (c) agrees to cooperate fully upon Sponsor’s and Prize Provider’s request with production personnel relative to creation of the digital rendering of winner and the video game (if and as applicable); (d) acknowledges that the digital rendering of winner is in the way of a caricature created at discretion of the Sponsor and Prize Provider which may accentuate certain of winner’s characteristics/features/traits and therefore may be unflattering, insulting or otherwise objectionable to winner (and, if applicable, the character corresponding to the digital rendering of winner may engage in actions/omissions from action that the winner may perceive as being defamatory, libelous, otherwise objectionable or not in accord with the winner’s character and/or values); (e) if applicable, acknowledges that the name of the character corresponding to the digital rendering of winner may be unflattering, insulting or otherwise objectionable to winner or, alternatively, may be or include the winner’s actual, given name; (f) if applicable, acknowledges that Sponsor and Prize Provider will determine whether (or not) to attribute the digital rendering of winner to winner in the credits or otherwise in the video game and, should Sponsor and Prize Provider elect to do so, Sponsor and Prize Provider shall determine in its sole discretion the content, duration and all other aspects of such attribution; (g) acknowledges that he/she shall not have any right of review or approval of the digital rendering of winner or of the video game including same (if and as applicable); (h) confirms hereby that any materials and information provided by winner for the digital rendering of winner, including names, pictures, photos etc., are connected solely with the winner and do not violate the rights of any third parties, and (i) winner shall grant to Sponsor and Prize Provider an non-exclusive, worldwide, sublicensable, gratuitous, and irrevocable license to copy, modify, produce, reproduce, display, publish, exhibit, distribute, convert, adapt, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, transmit, and otherwise use or reuse his name, photos, and/or likenesses, for use in any and all media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity beginning on the date of signing the written affirmation of Eligibility, without or without attribution, including, but not limited to, in connection with the HITMAN 2 video game. Winner further acknowledges that, relative to any such use of the digital rendering of winner, he/she will not receive any royalty, payment or compensation and that the award of the Grand Prize and/or use of the digital rendering of winner does NOT constitute an offer of employment by Sponsor or Prize Provider to winner under any legal theory.
Limitations of Liability
Except where prohibited, Sponsor and its agencies (including Administrator)
are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions,
or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to human,
typographical, printing or electronic malfunction, any damage caused by or
relating to any downloadable content or damage of any network, hardware or
software (the preceding expressly includes but is not limited to the
functionality and usage of online gaming platforms). If for any reason the
Contest (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned,
including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's
control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness,
integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in
its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest
(in whole or in part) and/or disqualify any individual who Sponsor
reasonably believes tampered with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry
process/operation of the Contest (or any part thereof). In such event,
Sponsor shall conduct the Contest and make the prize available in a manner
which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official
Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of
cancellation/termination/modification/suspension of Contest will be posted
on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission,
interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access
to, or alteration of, entries/game plays; or any problems or technical
malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems,
servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail,
or entry/game play to be received on account of technical problems or
traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination
thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant's or any other
person's computer (or data/information stored thereon) related to or
resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this
Contest. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any
entry/game play being corrupted, lost, damaged, garbled or not properly
recorded (or not recorded at all) due to filtering by or other operation of
the functionality of an online gaming platform.
12. Additional Conditions of Participation : By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, IO Interactive A/S, Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Instagram, LLC, STEAM and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, and (collectively, the " Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of the prize.
By participating, entrants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees
to use the entrant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize
information, biographical data and city and state/province/country of
residence as provided by entrants in programming, advertising, trade
and/or promotional material or on a winner’s list (if applicable)
without compensation, to the extent permitted by law, for use in any
and all media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity and
worldwide. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned
information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information
or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT, WITH SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR EACH SEEKING DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. (For the avoidance of doubt, tampering/fraudulent conduct includes but is not limited to cheating in playing “HITMAN: Sniper Assassin” whether by violation of the instructions on how to play)
NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES LIMITS, EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEES (FOR AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS ONLY, THIS INCLUDES STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW) OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VOID (“NON- EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES”). EXCEPT FOR ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF THE PRIZE.
These Official Rules will appear in various different languages other than English, including Spanish, French and German. In the event of dispute as to the meaning of any provision of these Official Rules, the English language version of the Official Rules will prevail, govern and control in all respects.
13. Privacy Collection Notice
14. Disputes : Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or the award of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or an appropriate State Court of the U.S. State of California, with entrant expressly waiving any right of forum non conveniens, change of venue or the like; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; unless the assistance of an attorney is required by law and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the U.S. State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the U.S. State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the U.S. State of California. If any part of these Rules shall be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it shall not affect the validity of the balance of these Rules. In such circumstance, the provision declared invalid/unenforceable shall be re-drafted as closely to the original provision as allowed by law, so as to give effect to Sponsor’s intent.
15. Winner’s List : For the name of the Grand Prize winner, email email@example.com with HITMAN 2 Video Game Competition Winner, in the subject line, for receipt no later than December 31, 2018.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc., Instagram, LLC and/or Twitter, Inc.